The other day, as I was paying my hosting fees, I decided it was time to make some changes. Stevepohl.com needs to become self sustaining if I’m going to keep all the bells and whistles I pay for. So I have made some changes; contextual ads now appear on the site (the double underlined words that open a tiny little window with an ad associated with that word) and I added a few google AdSense banners on the link page.
When someone clicks on one of the ads a few cents (and I’m not understating it, it really is only a few cents) get tossed my way, but the clicks could add up. Eventually I’m going to add a shopping page to increase the site’s income potential even more.